Saturday, December 17, 2005

It's Been A While

I really need a holiday. I've been so tied up at work and just scrambling to complete tasks, meet deadlines and breathe. It hasn't been easy but another more week to go and Christmas will be around again! Yeay!
I love Christmas and Sydney just isn't festive enough for my liking. It's weird considering we Malaysians/Singaporeans go all out decking everything in sight with tinsel and Christmas-sy what-nots and playing Christmas carols over and over and over and over again in shopping malls and it just feels like the Aussies aren't bothering to hang up their fairy lights! The only hint that Christmas is around the corner is that big Christmas tree in the middle of Martin Place adorned with monotonous green and red ornaments.

Where's the spirit?!

So to make up for the lack of heart I shall embellish the garden with paper lanterns and fairy lights.

Anyway, this year for Christmas I thought we'd do it the Aussie way ... barbeque!

Throw another shrimp on the barbie, mate.

No comments: